Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Going "No Poo": unhappy camper

Day 5. Most of the day I've had this uneasy feeling that sweat was collecting on my scalp. It just felt damp. It still does. I asked a few friends at school if they thought my hair looked ok and they said it did, but I wonder if they were lying to me. Well, it looks ok... But not my normal, fluffy, squeaky clean version of okay. But I'm very afraid that it's going to get worse tomorrow. I have a concert tomorrow that I need to look nice for. So I'm going to do it.


I'm going to wash my hair with shampoo.

I will use only a small quantity, I promise. Hopefully the past five days of oil build up will protect my hair from frizzing. The shampoo I have is relatively low lather (from my experience) and is promoted as "healthy". Who knows what their definition of healthy is.

Another thing that's pushing me to wash my hair is a smell. I smell something weird. I thought it was the bathroom, but I cleaned the bathroom, washed the dishes in our room, and even did some febreezing. I still smell this smell! I'm freaked out that it's my hair. My sister and I are both experiencing colds and have a hard time smelling things at the moment, so right now I'm the only one that can smell it. Hopefully shampoo will cure my phantom smell. :/

I'm wondering if my greasy/"damp" feeling isn't being affected by the weather. I live in Nebraska, and it's humid. Already it's beginning to feel like a sauna in Omaha. I also sweat a lot (thanks for passing that gene along, Dad). I'm going to post my problems on a LiveJournal community and see if I can get some help/suggestions.

Day 6. I did wash my hair with shampoo last night. It wasn't bad. My hair was very soft, not frazzled like it normally is. I ended up using liberal amounts of hairspray as well. My concert went well, too. :)

Day 7. My hair was looking a bit gross (mostly because of the product in my hair), but I didn't have enough time to shower so I used a bit of dry shampoo.

Day 8. Well, today's day 8 and I just woke up. I'll probably just do a vinegar rinse. We're out of baking soda and I'm too lazy to go buy some. Maybe I'll use lemon juice. I read somewhere to use that instead of baking soda. I'll do research.

0 comments: