Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Hmmm.

So, a lot has happened in the past few days, but I don't feel like talking about it. Instead, I want to declare that I'm going to write myself a cover for Ingrid Michaelson's "The Way I Am" (commonly known as "The Sweater Song" from the Old Navy commercials). I want to write a cover version and then I want to try arranging my own S.S.A. (soprano, soprano 2, alto) version. I doubt I'll be able to do it, but I figure if I try really hard and come up with something, my choir teacher will fix it/write his own version and then let our jazz choir (all women!) sing it for the final concert. He looooves Ingrid Michaelson, so I'm thinking it could work. But I want to write a cover version because I'm going to audition for a local version of American Idol... It's just a small town fair, but I want to do it, and I want to sing Ingrid Michaelson. I might sing some Norah Jones too. Or perhaps Melanie Safka...

"I got a brand new pair of roller skates, you got a brand new key..."

GREAT SONG.

Well, I'm off to listen to some music. xD

0 comments: