Thursday, February 7, 2008

Insomnia.

So my original plan sort of backfired. I meant to just dink around on the internet and then BAM! be drooling on my pillow for the next few hours. Instead, I stared at the ceiling for a while, then I got back on the computer, looked at art on deviantART (and found a picture that I'm TOTALLY going to do in watercolors sometime... if I have time... it's just beautiful!), and then I decided to take a shower. Now, some make think it odd to take a shower at 1:oo in the morning, but reason with me here. I take a shower in the middle of the night because I can't fall asleep. Therefore, when I DO fall asleep, I will be able to stay in bed longer because I am already showered. I think it's a pretty smart plan.

So anyway, I showered, and then I opened the internet. My homepage is my iGoogle page, and I have an RSS feed from StephenieMeyer.com, and it had the best news in the entire universe-- BREAKING DAWN IS GOING TO BE RELEASED ON AUGUST 2, 2008! OH MY GOSH. I want to have a Twilight party RIGHT NOW to celebrate, but, lamentably, everyone I know is either asleep or SHOULD be asleep (*cough*Beth, stop reading fanfiction in the middle of the night*cough*).

And then I stared at myself in the mirror. Strange, I know. But I was just thinking about what I like about myself... Like my shoulders. I love my shoulders. They're really rounded, which my old art teacher Ms. Meese used to always say was a bad thing. She made me redo a portrait in 5th grade because the girl's shoulders weren't square enough (or as I like to say, "They weren't butch"). But I like my shoulders, especially because I have long hair. I like my hair, too, except I'm upset with the color changes that its undergone. THAT all started around my sophomore year when I flirted with the SunIn bottle and ended up with orangey-blonde hair, and then I got really lazy so I let it grow out, which looked really bad because my natural hair color is this sort of ashy blonde color. Being the ditz that I am, I decided to get highlights and lowlights to even my hair out. Did that, like, twice. Then I just got it highlighted. Then I let it grow out again because I'm a lazy person. By then I was a junior and my hair looked pretty crappy (though I still got compliments all the time because it doesn't matter what my hair looks like, people just love it). Soooo the beginning of my senior year, I took my sister to me with the salon and I dyed it DARK. It was this reddish brown color, and I liked it because it actually matched my eyebrows. But I got daring and wanted to try red. My roots had grown out far, so I had super red hair and then a really nice auburn, with a very visible line between the two. We got that fixed, but now my hair is growing out again and fading, so I have faded coppery-brown hair with about a half an inch of ashy blonde hair, which looks like gray against the dyed portion. And my mom was so upset with what happened the LAST time I got my hair done that she's afraid of letting me get my hair done again.

Gosh, I hope I can fall asleep soon. I'm not even tired right now! I googled "ways to fall asleep" and all it came up with was a list of things to do-- kick the caffeine (yeah right, at least I'm not drinking a Diet Dr. Pepper right now!), don't drink (don't do that anyway), etc. etc. I think my insomnia has been indirectly caused by my staying up to watch Juno on Movie6.net the other night. I stayed up until 1:00 in the morning. I was really tired in the morning, but thankfully we got out of school early due to the crappy weather. I vegged out and watched Batman Forever and then I took a nap. I ended up staying up late that night too because we had a late start the next day (today). So I not only stayed up late, but I slept in. I already said what happened tonight. I'm thinking it's all related, but hey, that's just me.

Well, I should probably TRY to fall asleep now. I've gotta be all ready for tomorrow-- we're going to see Phantom of the Opera! I think I've got my outfit picked out for tomorrow (I'm debating whether I should wear my navy blue 60's Jackie O. dress, my pink/crazy color plaid "West Side Story" dress, or my black dress with white polka dots... I'll have to put pictures of these things up some time). I'll probably go with the blue dress because I'm wearing my polka dot dress on Saturday for our high school choir "Cabaret Show." No matter what dress I wear, I'm going to wear my black opaque tights, my black round-toe heels with the little bow on them, and my black cardigan sweater thingy.

But now I'm off to pour myself a glass of milk because the internet gods say that it has tryptophan in it. I'll probably regret it in the morning when I have awful breath.

0 comments: